Tassal Ten Fun Run
In cooperation with Tassal, we are excited to introduce the inaugural “Tassal Ten” Fun Run for Dover, to be held on Sunday December 15th along with “Annabelle’s Run”- 2 km just for the young ones.
The running events will be followed closely by Dover & South Action Group‘s Christmas Parade and party- so let’s make a great community day of it!
The Tassal Ten Fun Run was born out of a long-standing desire to give back to the community, in thanks for the wonderful support for the Skinner family in their time of need. Little Annabelle was just 17 months old when she was involved in a freak accident resulting in a horrific head injury. Annabelle and her family spent anxious weeks by her side in Hobart’s Paediatric Intensive Care Unit – with expert care and attention Annabelle made a full recovery and is now a happy healthy 5 year old.
At the time of her injury, Annabelle’s parents Gemma and John became very aware of the pressures that the Hobart PICU face and they have nurtured the concept of a community Fun Run to support the Paediatric Unit. Our inaugural event will be a fundraiser for Hobart’s PICU and we know that our community will get behind this initiative.
Please “LIKE” our new Facebook Page and help us spread the word!
Tassal 10 (10 km): 9.00 am
Annabelle’s Run (2 km): 10.30 am
Pre-Run briefing for Tassal 10: 8.50 am
Pre-Run briefing for Annabelle’s Run: 10.20 am
Walkers and prams are welcome in this event. However, time limit for Tassal 10 is 2 hours.
Race enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Race Director on 0437 100 431
SAFETY FIRST! The event is run in accordance with Police permits and all instructions must be followed!
Tassal Ten (18 years and older): $ 30.00 plus payment processing fees
Tassal Ten Junior (12 to 17 years on event day): $ 15.00 plus payment processing fees
Annabelle’s Run (for kids aged 2 to 12): $ 5.00 plus payment processing fees
Annabelle’s Run Parent/Guardian accompanying children: $ 5.00 plus payment processing fees
Late registrations are available on the day until 8.30 am for Tassal 10 and until 10 am for Annabelle’s Run (unless sold out).
Late Entry Fees: Tassal Ten $ 35.00, Tassal Ten Junior $ 20, Annabelle’s Run $ 5.00
Pick up your race number on the day of the event. Please turn up well before race start time!
Children under the age of 5 will have to be accompanied by a parent/guardian over 18 years old. All kids will receive finisher medals!
Salmon burgers for all participants after the race, thanks to our sponsor Tassal.
All profits will go the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at the Royal Hobart Hospital. You can donate to PICU during the registration or on the day.
Fun Run entries are now open
Running’s not your thing? If you’d like to support from the sidelines please feel free to make a donation on behalf of Hobart’s Paediatric Intensive Care Unit!
- Entrants will run on the approved course as directed and will not accept outside assistance.
- Entrants will accept any marshall, event volunteer, organiser or judge’s decision as final.
- No competitor will be awarded an event placing unless they are wearing an event number on the front of their body visible throughout the entire event.
- No competitor deemed to have received outside assistance will be eligible for official placings or prizes.
- Officials, including but not limited to course marshals, drink station attendants and road traffic control personnel have the authority to disqualify or remove entrants from the course. Failure to obey the direction of an official will result in disqualification.
- The Event Organisers reserve the right to reject or cancel any entry in any event at any time particularly in but not limited to weather conditions that make the event dangerous. In any circumstances where cancelation is necessary due to safety concerns entry fees will not be refunded and recompense may not be claimed by entrants for any other consequential loss.
- Tassal 10 advises against wearing iPods with headphones and other personal audio devices for your safety and those around you. A safe runner is fully aware of their surroundings.
- No cyclists or roller skaters to enter or accompany the run. Pets are not permitted for safety reasons.
- Race organiser reserves the right to alter without notice any rules and conditions which govern the event.